All these terms can be safely discarded in the compost heap of NHS bullshit:
- Roadmap = a plan which probably won’t be realised.
- Exemplar = an organisation which we’ll point to repeatedly to try to convince the country that we’re making progress.
- Vanguard = an organisation which we’ll point to repeatedly to pretend that we know how to be innovative, even though we’re scared of new products and services and of small companies.
- Test bed = a totally ineffectual idea to get innovative and experimental things put into the NHS. In reality a small pot of money was shared between a couple of places which each then pissed up the wall on meetings and admin.
- Footprint = a region of the country roughly corresponding to the old Strategic Health Authorities of days gone by. Why use established regional boundaries when you can invent your own?
- Quality indicators = euphemism for “targets”.